Graduate Studies in Biology
Director of Graduate Studies: Dr. L.C. Cwynar (email@example.com)
The Biology Department offers qualified students the opportunity to work toward either a Master of Science (MSc) or a Doctoral degree, which at UNB is traditionally called a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) rather than a Doctor of Science degree. These degrees are centered on the development and performance of an original research project. Typically, some specialized and individualized course work is included in each student's program.
At UNB, graduate studies in Biology is administered by the Biology Graduate Academic Unit (GAU) which includes the biology research staff of the UNB Fredericton and UNB Saint John campuses. We also have numerous Research Associates and Adjunct Professors at outside research institutions, all of whom can co-supervise graduate students through UNB. Adjunct professors and a complete listing of Honorary Research Associates are included in the GAU Faculty Members.
- GAU Faculty Members
- Graduate Courses in Biology
- Application Procedure
- Regulations and General Information for Graduate Studies in Biology
- Biology Graduate Program - Information Sheet
- Application for School of Graduate Studies Travel Grant
- Application for Department Travel Grant
- Graduate Student Program of Study
- Annual Progress Report
- Milestones and Timelines