Transfer students

Three friends chatting and laughing

The University of New Brunswick welcomes students from other post-secondary institutions who are interested in studying at its campuses.

The first step is to apply to UNB. Once we have received your application and your transcripts, the campus admissions office and the faculty you've applied to will review them.

The Registrar's Office in either Fredericton or Saint John will notify you regarding acceptance into your requested program, including the number of transfer credits awarded.

You can use our transfer credits lookup site to learn whether courses that you are taking, or plan to take, have previously been given transfer credit at UNB.

General information

  1. If, for academic reasons, you are not eligible for re-admission to the university you last attended, you will not be admitted to UNB.
  2. You must take at least 50 per cent of the credits required for your degree, diploma or certificate at UNB.
  3. Courses for which credit has been awarded at the transferring institution will be accepted provided that:
    • The courses being considered for credit satisfy the program requirements at the University of New Brunswick.
    • The courses being considered meet the standard of grade required within the program at the University of New Brunswick and were delivered at the university-level from a recognized institution.
  4. Your cumulative grade point average will be based only on courses taken at UNB (i.e. those listed in the UNB Undergraduate Calendar) even though you may be given credit for courses taken at other universities.
  5. Applicants who have completed prior post-secondary studies outside of Canada or the United States of America are required to submit a World Education Services (WES) ICAP Evaluation as part of their admission package.  Applicants should request the WES International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) Document-by-Document report. If you have a prior WES report, you must add WES ICAP to your evaluation report.
  6. The University of New Brunswick is a MyCreds receiving institution. Students who are requesting a copy on their post-secondary transcript through MyCreds should opt to share it through the option, "Send my documents to a registered organization" rather than via email. UNB is unable to receive MyCreds transcripts via email.

Learn more 

Fredericton campus Saint John campus International
Toll-free: 1-888-895-3344
Toll Free: 1-877-SJFORME (753-6763)
Telephone: 1-506-648-5718