Non-partner school

You may want to attend a host institution which is not a current UNB partner. You could be eligible to study under a letter of permission.

We may provide students with permission to take pre-approved courses at another institution and transfer the credit back to your UNB degree. This can be done at other institutions in Canada or abroad.

Exchange vs. letter of permission

If you decide to go down the latter path, it’s up to you to research, apply and pay for the fees. You will need to pay full tuition to your host institution.

Next steps

Contact your faculty advisor and the registrar’s office and find out if you are eligible and if your proposed host institution is acceptable.