See what's on the schedule for October 2012 to highlight Intellectual Wellness!
Intellectual wellness involves engaging in creative stimulating activities that can develop as well as expand your knowledge and abilities.
- You engage actively in new experience outside your "comfort zone"
- You can challenge yourself to open to learn new ideas
- You can apply classroom knowledge in varied, real-life settings
- You are attuned to the world around you, including current events ouside of your community
Tips for enhancing Intellectual Wellness
- Develop a study/learning plan that include short and long term goals
- Ask for help when you need it from supervisor, insturctor, classmate, co-worker, etcetera
- Visit a campus library and check out a book that relates to your new interests
- Step out of your "comfort zone" by taking a workshop, trying a new hobby, or learning another language
- Student Affairs and Services Writing and Study Skills Program (time management, note taking, exam preparation, writing and presentation skills, workshops)
- Counselling Services (personal and career counselling, workshops)
- UNB Centre for Enhanced Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- UNB College of Extended Learning