We recommend for an optimal experience that you do not use Google Chrome on an IOS/Apple operating system to complete this application. If you are using an IOS operating system, please use an alternate browser (Safari, Firefox etc.)

All students wishing to live in residence must apply before each academic year. Whether you are a first-year student, returning student or transferring from another university, we have a spot for you.

Application deadline for September (fall term): May 15

Student application details

Both incoming and returning University of New Brunswick (UNB) students must use the online residence application to apply for residence for the upcoming year.

  • New students can apply once receiving admission, while returning students may do so mid-semester during the winter term.

  • Graduate and Law students must select “Graduate Degree” under “Level of Study” on the application.

Pay the $500 residence application fee: Application fee payments should be made by credit card at the time you submit your application.

Once we receive your residence application and you have paid your application fee we will assign you your residence and room number (depending on availability). All students who submit their application and fee by May 15 will receive their fall term room assignment by July 15.

Magee House

If you are applying to live in Magee House you must complete a separate application form and submit via emailPlease note that we are temporarily unable to accept Magee House applications for the Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 terms.  Please see the living off-campus information. 

If approved, you must pay a security deposit of one average month’s rent in lieu of the $500 application fee in order to secure an apartment. Leases are for 12 months.

    • The deposit must be paid by certified cheque or money order addressed to Service New Brunswick and delivered in-person or mailed to our Residence Administration Building

Please note: If you are living outside of New Brunswick and planning to live in Magee House, contact our residence administrator for an alternative method of payment option.