Visa to study in Canada

Once you've been accepted to the University of New Brunswick, you'll need a study permit or study visa. These terms refer to the same document. 

Applying for a study permit or study visa

Unfortunately, university personnel are prevented by law from assisting students obtain a study permit. 

Refer to the Government of Canada’s citizenship and immigration for more information.

If you are currently in Canada with a valid study permit, you should check your study permit expiry date, and make sure to apply before that date. Applications for renewal should be submitted at least 30 days before the current permit expires.

If you are interested in hiring a consultant to help with this process we strongly advise you to hire a Canadian lawyer or someone holding ICCRC accreditation.

Subscribe to our email newsletter

Learn more about our 100+ programs, application process and student life on UNB's two campuses.