Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)

Back to For Students

Work term Instructions: Summer 2023

Offer Letters: Make sure the co-op office has  a copy of your offer letter for our files.

Employment authorization permits: If you are a visa student, you must make sure that the office has a copy of your employment and student authorization permits for our files.

Registration: A list of students and job information was sent to the registrar’s office, awards office and financial services to register you for your work term.

Work term fee due date:  The Co-op & PEP work term fee is due on or before June 30, 2023; payments received after that date will be subject to interest fees. Follow the steps on this link to pay the Co-op/PEP fee ($849/four months)

Work term record and goals: Your work term record must be updated by the end of the first month of each 4-month work term – On or before May 31, please access ExperienceUNB and view your co-op sequence. Click on your current term and select “EDIT WORK TERM RECORD”

Please email your completed and signed work term goals to the co-op office by May 31.

Work term reports: Must be submitted to the co-op office by Friday, September 8, 2023.

Report Requirements are outlined here.

Student loan: If you have a federal student loan, remember to complete a schedule II, which is done online:

If you have a private loan, your bank will require a confirmation letter from the registrar office. This has to be done every six months or you will be expected to start repaying your loan.

If your work term is longer than six months, contact financial services and they will complete the schedule and forward it to your bank.


You cannot take any courses during your first work term.

If you receive a favourable employer evaluation for your previous work term, you may take one course, outside of working hours,  during a current work term with the approval of your work term supervisor and the co-op coordinator (for undergraduate students) or the director of graduate studies (for MCS and MCSC students).

Email and work term responsibilities

We use UNB email to contact you while you are on a work term. Your UNB email should be forwarded to your work email provided your employer gives their authorization.

If you cannot forward your UNB email to your work, it’s your responsibility to check it regularly because this is where we’ll contact you concerning site visits and deadlines.