International Study Permit | How to Apply | MBA | Faculty of Business | UNB

Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)

Faculty of Business
UNB Saint John

Back to How to Apply

International Study Permit

UNB Saint John’s MBA program is acclaimed for its cultural diversity. Students from around the globe come here to study business and find a welcoming city and a community.

How to apply for a study permit

International students require a study permit from Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) to attend UNB Saint John. Your letter of acceptance is required to apply for this permit. It takes time for the different Canadian visa offices to process study permit applications, so the sooner you start the process, the better.

Keep in mind there is no guarantee of acceptance, and any final steps, such as purchasing plane tickets or quitting a job, should only take place after your study permit is approved.

For more information regarding your study permit please contact our international student advisor, Ase Kelly Berg.

Post-graduation employment program

The post-graduation employment program is designed to provide graduating students with Canadian work experience. Students may work in Canada for up to three years after graduation.

To apply for a work permit, you must:

  • Graduate from a specific program of full-time study (at least eight months) in Canada at a public, post-secondary institution
  • Have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit; and
  • Have not previously been issued a work permit for post-graduation employment following any other course of study