Next Steps after being accepted as a student in our Faculty
- Here are the Faculty advisors based on enrolled program
- 1st year BScSwE - Brad Nickerson
- Have you applied for scholarships?
- Scholarships worth more than $400,000 were awarded to incoming Faculty of Computer Science students in Sept. 2012. Did you apply online to UNB? If so, you should apply online for scholarships by visiting http://www.cs.unb.ca/scholarships/ (If you applied by submitting a paper application to UNB, completing part 7 of the paper form has already entered you in competition for most UNB scholarships.)
- Certain UNB "flagship" scholarships (e.g. Currie Undergraduate Scholarships, Beaverbrook Scholarships) have to be applied for separately.
- The deadline for most scholarship applications is March 1. The deadline for teachers to submit a nomination for Schulich Leader Scholarships is February 5, 2013; the online application for Schulich Scholarships is Feb. 25, 2013.
- The deadline to accept offered scholarships is May 15. The process to accept an offered scholarship is by doing one of the following:
- Go to www.unb.ca/scholarships Click on "High School Student" then find the "Did you receive a scholarship offer from UNB?" Please respond "here" before May 15th. link, click "here" and fill in the online form.
- Send an email to email@example.com indicating you accept the scholarship
- Send a FAX to 506 458 7688 indicating you accept the offered scholarship
- Reply by regular paper mail indicating you accept the scholarship. The paper mail address to send your acceptance to is:
- Did you activate your UNB eServices (as explained in your acceptance package)? This gets you a UNB E-mail account, and has other benefits.
- What should you do next? Accept the offer by completing and returning the "Response to an Offer of Admission" form. This includes a $100 tuition deposit. If you plan to stay in residence, complete the residence application form, and include it with the above form along with the $300 residence deposit. The deadline for doing this is May 15, but we encourage you to do this as soon as possible. You can FAX the completed form to the FAX number indicated on the form.
- We would love to have you come to UNB for a campus tour. They are personalized to your needs; you can sit in on one of our classes, meet with a member of our Faculty, visit the residence, have a meal in the dining hall, and just get more familiar with our campus. You can book your tour from here:
- select Yes to meet with a program representative
- select Computer Science
- or just call UFirst at 1-888-895-3344.
- Summer Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 1st and Saturday, July 6th 2013; be sure to mark one of these days in your calendar.
- Please print a copy of the appropriate checklist below and use it to record your progress.
- Residence room assignments are sent out in mid-July.
- In August, students will receive orientation information. It is important to attend orientation to learn about the cool things at UNB, and to meet potential new friends.
Undergraduate Awards Office
P.O. Box 4400
Telephone: (506) 453-4894