Aitken University Centre
The Aitken University Centre (AUC), University of New Brunswick is a multi-purpose facility, opened in May of 1976 with the University Spring Encaenia and followed by a sell out Anne Murray Concert. The AUC is the largest seated facility in Fredericton but still small and intimate enough that every seat in the house is close to the action.
The AUC has hosted thousands of ticketed Featured Events since 1976. Owned and managed by the University of New Brunswick, the Aitken Centre historically played the role of Muncipal Civic Centre for the greater Fredericton area, facilitating millions of patrons through sporting, entertainment, religious, political, educational and cultural events. It is presently home to the UNB Reds women's and men's hockey teams, Recreation Services and various sporting clubs.
Other features at the AUC include VIP boxes, video capture and projection, a workout gym, classroom, multipurpose Colter Room, bar services & concessions, sound system, box office & electronic ticketing, stage & theatre curtains, press & media accommodations, disabled seating and free parking during special events. The AUC is a non smoking facility.
- Seating Capacity of 3,278 for on ice events
- Seating Capacity of 4,666 for a full 360 degree, reserved seating performance. (3,278 stadium seating, 1,287 Floor Seating, 81 VIP box and 20 press box seats)
- Seating Capacity of 3746 for a full 180 degree, reserved seating performance. (2,042 stadium seating, 1,287 Floor Seating and 59 VIP box seats)
- Seating Capacity of 2998 for a three quarter, reserved seating performance.
- Seating Capacity of 2301 for a one half, reserved seating performance.
- Seating Capacity of 1911 for a one quarter, reserved seating intimate performance.
- 17,000 square feet of floor space
- 60' x 40' Portable Stage
- Black theatre curtain with wings
- In-House Electronic Ticketing System, Phone & Internet Sales as well as standard Box Office Services
- Lighting (including 2 spot lights)
- Sound Equipment
- 45' zoom boom
- 2 Zambonis
- Concession Operation and Bar Service
- Fall Arrest System for Rigging
- Intercom System (Clear-Com)
- 6 Dressing Rooms availble to the public
- Street Level Loading Door
The Aitken Centre has several Meeting Rooms - one of which is the elegant Ashley Colter Room (air conditioned) which can accommodate board meetings or formal receptions.
Ashley A. Colter Room Amenities
- 25'x 60'
- Capacity - 125
- Multi-level Lighting System with dimmer switches
- 1-way Viewing Glass overlooks arena area
- attractively carpeted and paneled in maple
- built-in sound system with microphone and accessory input jacks
- dumb waiter
- bar and beverage facilities available
- food service available
- washroom facilities