The Richard J. CURRIE CENTER
New Brunswick's finest fitness and event facility is also one of the best in North America. The five-storey, 139,000-square foot facility contains three full-sized gyms, an indoor track, state of the art Human Performance Lab and much more!
With 180 parking spaces, private meeting rooms, and a double-court gymnasium, and the beautiful Long Hall the CURRIE CENTER is ideal for university events, such as graduation and for public or private events, such as receptions, weddings, concerts, conferences, meetings, book fairs and more.
The building is air conditioned and fully accessible from three levels, with a public and service elevator.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday - 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday - 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Summer Hours (July 2nd -August 31st)
- Monday to Friday - 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday - 8:00am to 6:00 pm
The public, students and faculty are welcome to rent the facilities. The following spaces are available for rent:
- Alberta Alumni Recreation Centre (trade shows, job fairs, up to 1,800 people)
- Performance Hall (concerts, weddings; up to 1,800 people)
- Long Hall (dinners, receptions; up to 300 people)
- Hatheway Family Fitness Studio (meetings, media events; up to 40 people)
- JT Clark Seminar Room (meetings, media events; up to 40 people)
- Elizabeth A. Currie Boardroom (meetings, announcements; up to 40 people).
Recreation and Fitness
UNB's recreation facilities and programs are free to students. Memberships are available - Minimum age of 12 with parental supervision; or 15 without supervision but parental permission required.
For information on memberships, fitness facilities and evaluations, courses, and classes, and open recreation times, please visit URec.