John Johnson is a biology professor with the Department of Biology at UNB Saint John and co-founder of the Natural Products Research Group (NPRG).
Awards and distinctions (Faculty)
- University Teaching Scholar (UNB), 2015-1018.
- President's Medal (UNB) career achievement.
- Scientific Advisor, Vivekananda Institute of Tropical Mycology (VINSTROM), Chennai, India, 2005-present.
- Honorary member of the International Golden Key Honours Society, 2001.
- Honorary Research Fellow, University of Plymouth, UK, 1997-2000.
- Merit Award, University of New Brunswick, 1996/97; Outstanding contributions to the University.
- Student's Representative Council (SRC) Award, 1994, UNB Saint John; Efforts on behalf of the student body.
- Academic appointment as Registrar (Acting) 2009
- Full professor 2002-present
- Academic appointment as Registrar 1999-2003
- Associate Professor 1996-2002
- Assistant Professor 1991-1996
- Lecturer 1989-1991
- Assistant Vice-President (Acting), UNB Saint John
- Registrar (Academic appointment)
- UNB Collective Agreement Negotiating Team
- UNB Saint John, Academic Appointment as campus Registrar
- Director of Co-Location (college programs/building onto UNB Saint John campus)
- UNB Negotiator for the delivery of medical education in New Brunswick on the UNB Saint John campus; delivered by Dalhousie University
- University Commons Building Steering Committee
- UNB Post secondary Education Commission report Working Group
- City of Saint John mayor's Task force on the Post secondary Education report
- UNB President's Strategy Group
- Leader of a five-year CIDA Human resource Development project in Havana, Cuba
- UNB Saint John Executive group
- UNB Senate
- Board of Governors