Gholamreza Amin, Ph.D
Assistant Professor of Operations Research
Gholamreza Amin joined the Faculty of Business in the University of New Brunswick at Saint John in 2016. Prior to joining the University of New Brunswick, he taught at Sultan Qaboos University in Oman, where he received the distinguished research award for his performance in research during the year 2012-2013. Dr. Amin received his Ph.D. in Operations Research from Azad University (2003, Iran).
He teaches various undergraduate and graduate courses in Operations Research including Management Science, Applied Optimization Methods, Quantitative Methods in Business, Operations Management, and Production and Operations Management.
He acts as an Editorial Board Member in the Elsevier journal, Heliyon, and the International Journal of Productivity Management and Assessment Technologies, IGI global. He also participated in the organizing and scientific committees of many international conferences and workshops, including the IEEE Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery held in 2009 in China, and the World Wide Web Conference held in 2016 in Canada, 2015 in Italy, 2014 in Korea, 2013 in Brazil, and 2012 in France.
His research interests include Performance Measurement and Management, Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA), Ordered Weighted Averaging (OWA) Operators, and Inverse Optimization.
Dr. Amin has published in several top international journals, including Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers and Operations Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, and International Journal of Intelligent Systems among others.
Selected Journal Publications
- Application of optimistic and pessimistic OWA and DEA methods in stock selection, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 2016, in press (with M. Hajjami).
- A new inverse DEA model for mergers with negative data, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 2016, in press (with S. Al-Muharrami).
- A combined OWA-DEA method for dispatching rules selection, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2015, Vol. 88, pp. 470-478 (with A. El-Bouri).
- Maximum appreciative cross-efficiency in DEA: A new ranking method, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2015, Vol. 81, pp. 14-21 (with A. Oukil).
- A new inverse DEA method for merging banks, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 2014, Vol. 25, No. 1, 73-87 (with S. Gattoufi and A. Emrouznejad).
- A new DEA model for technology selection in the presence of ordinal data, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2013, Vol. 65, No. 9-12, pp. 1567-1572 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- Metasearch information fusion using linear programming, Rairo Operations Research, 2012, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 289-303 (with A. Emrouznejad and H. Sadeghi).
- Some clarifications on the DEA clustering approach, European Journal of Operational Research, 2011, Vol. 215, pp. 498-501 (with A. Emrouznejad and S. Rezaee).
- Parametric aggregation in ordered weighted averaging, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 2011, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 819-827 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- A maximum discrimination DEA method for ranking association rules in data mining, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 2011, Vol. 88, No. 11, pp. 2233-2245 (with S. Gattoufi and E. Rezaee Seraji).
- Optimizing search engines results using linear programming, Expert Systems with Applications, 2011, Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 11534-11537 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- On the boundedness of the SORM DEA models with negative data, European Journal of Operational Research, 2010, Vol. 206, No. 1, pp. 265-268 (with A. Emrouznejad, E. Thanassoulis and A. L. Anouze).
- Finding relevant search engines results: a minimax linear programming approach, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2010, Vol. 61, No. 7, pp.1144-1150 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- Application of prioritized aggregation operators in preference voting, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 2010, Vol. 25, No. 10, pp. 1027-1034 (with H. Sadeghi).
- Improving minimax disparity model to determine the OWA operator weights, Information Sciences, 2010, Vol. 180, No. 8, pp. 1477-1485 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- Optimal solution of technology selection model: A computational efficient form, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2009, Vol. 43, No. 9, pp. 1046-1050.
- DEA models for ratio data: Convexity consideration, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2009, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 486-498 (with A. Emrouznejad).
- A note on an improved MCDM DEA model for technology selection, International Journal of Production Research, 2008, Vol. 46, No. 2-4, pp. 7073-7075.
- Note on a preemptive goal programming method for aggregating OWA operator weights in group decision making, Information Sciences, 2007, Vol. 177, No. 17, pp. 3636–3638.
- Finding the most efficient DMUs in DEA: An improved integrated model, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2007, Vol. 52, pp. 71-77, Selected as the top 25 hottest article, January–February 2007 (with M. Toloo).
- An improved MCDM DEA model for technology selection, International Journal of Production Research, 2006, Vol. 44, No. 13, pp. 2681-2686 (with M. Toloo and B. Sohrabi).
- A polynomial-time algorithm for finding Epsilon in DEA models, Computers & Operations Research, 2004, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 803-805 (with M. Toloo).
- An assurance interval for the non-Archimedean epsilon in DEA models, Operations Research, 2000, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 344-347 (with S. Mehrabian, GR. Jahanshahloo, and MR. Alirezaee).