Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)

Faculty of Arts
UNB Saint John

Back to Faculty of Arts

Advising for upper-year students

For upper-year advising and to apply to honour, major, double major, and/or minor, make an appointment to see a faculty advisor in the appropriate discipline.

Before meeting your faculty advisor read over the degree information on the program that you intend to honour, major, double major and/or minor in.

Bring an updated copy of your unofficial UNB transcript and a self-tracking degree audit to any meetings with your faculty advisor. Concurrent BA/BEd students should have their BA/BEd self-tracking degree audit reviewed by Dr. Keyes.

Degree requirements

To meet the Bachelor of Arts requirements you must complete at least two term-courses (6ch) in three of the four groups in the advising & course groupings at the 1000 and 2000 level. Most students will complete this requirement in their first year.

If you have not already done so, you need to start a self-tracking degree audit.  Have your discipline(s) Advisor(s) review your self-tracking degree audit to ensure that you are on the right track toward completing your BA degree requirements.

Concurrent BA/BEd students should have their BA/BEd self-tracking degree audit reviewed as well with Dr. Keyes.

Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are meeting your BA or BA/BEd degree requirements.

Using the online registration system register for your 2017 - 2018 term-courses. Early registration allows for the best possible course selection. See the course timetable for details as they become available.

The 2017-2018 timetable of courses is now appearing on the university website and registration for continuing UNB students for the 2018 Winter (18/WI) term is on-going until Friday, Jan. 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.

The last day to add or drop 17/FA term-courses was Friday, Sept. 15, 2017 by 11:55pm.

The last day to withdraw (W) from 17/FA term-courses without academic penalty was Monday, Oct. 30, 2017 by 11:55 p.m. A "W", meaning withdraw, will appear in the grade grade column beside the course but the "W" in no way affects your Grade Point Average (GPA).