Tilley Hall - Room 404 Renovations
Tilley 404 was chosen (along with Tilley 205) to showcase how two identically sized classrooms can be designed and use somewhat differently, and yet yield the same great results. This classroom features one of only a few cuved table designs on campus. This feature was chosen to create great sightlines while still maintaining adequate seating capacity. The results are a truly impressive room.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Table-top design provides lots of writing spaces to support laptops, notes, or other items.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling.
- Curved table design to increase line-of-sight between students and instructor.
- Curved tables also provide more access at the front of the class for the instructor to engage students.
- Instructor podium designed to reduce barriers between students, while providing sufficient workspace for a laptop, notes, or other teaching tools.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- Enhanced wireless capabilities to the room to provide a strong and reliable connection.
- Each seat has its own power outlet through a shared access module.
Supportive Campus Environment
- Colour palate designed specifically to be conducive to a comfortable atmosphere.
- Comfortable seating, natural lighting through accessible windows, new LED lighting that is controllable for maximum effect.
- UNB is committed to energy-efficiency and Tilley Hall has been recently retrofitted to meet this commitment.