Forestry/Geology - Room F203 Renovations
Key feedback that was received when looking at the Forestry/Geology classrooms was the importance on keeping with the Forestry/Geology building's organic earthy feel. Based on this feedback, two different type of wood finishes were used. F203 features a beautiful Ash Wood with a clear finish. The original (great condition) slate chalkboard was also kept. The result is a truly remarkable room, that still retains the warmth feeling felt throughout the building.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Flexible table and chairs that can be rearranged (once the power cables have been unplugged).
- Full table surface allow for plenty of room for laptops, books, and other items.
- Dropped ceiling improves the overall acoustics of the room.
- Instructor's podium is designed to be as compact as possible, while still giving the instructor adequate spaces for teaching materials.
- Large and spacious room to allow instructors and students to move about.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- Enhanced wireless capabilities in the room to provide a strong and reliable connection.
- Each seat has its own power outlet through a shared node.
- High-definition video projector and sound provide a crisp and clear experience.
Supportive Campus Environment
- Ash wood with a clear finish provide a comfortable and livable space for teaching and learning.
- Comfortable seating, natural lighting through accessible windows, and new LED lighting that is controllable for maximum effect.
- Improved air-flow through updated ventilation infrastructure.