The RURAL Centre is a mutually-supportive collaborative research network and resource centre that aims to:
- Enhance our understanding of the physical and socio-economic environmental influences on the health of rural Atlantic Canadians and the capacity of rural Atlantic Canadians to respond to these challenges.
- Provide a locus for exchange of ideas between researchers, government agencies, concerned citizens, and rural Atlantic Canadians.
- Foster trans-disciplinary research interactions and initiatives in Atlantic Canada.
- Create enhanced training opportunities for students and rural health professionals in Atlantic Canada.
- Include research on innovation uptake and implementation by policy makers and health service providers in Atlantic Canada
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Judy Guernsey (Dal)
- Doug Willms
- Beth Fairbairn
- Justine Gibbings, winner of the Atlantic Rural Centre PhD Fellowship
- Teresa Tang