BLUE: Data Integrity Gateway (DIG) - Cross-list/Merge Courses or Sections
In some cases, department and faculties may refer to the same section/course using different course IDs such as different course subjects, levels and/or locations. These are what we refer to as cross-listed sections/courses that are offered at the same time and by the same instructor. These sections/courses must be merged together for the survey.
This page will explain how to cross-list/merge courses or sections for the survey.
How to Cross-list/Merge Courses or Sections?
- Click on the link in the SOS Data Verification Invitation Email to complete your DIG tasks. The list of courses assigned to you will be loaded.
- Review each course assigned to you in the DIG project. These are the courses that are under your academic unit.
- Select the courses that are to be merged.
- Click the Edit Courses button at the top left side of the page.
- Select the Merge Course from the drop-down list.
- A summary of the courses to be merged will be displayed. Confirm merging of the courses by clicking on the YES button.
- Edit one of the courses that was part of the merge. You will notice the merged version of the courses. This has a course name that is the concatenation of the courses that were merged.
- Enter the Course Start Date and Course End Date of the merged version of the courses. Click on the calendar icon to select the date. NOTE: The course start date and course end date of the merged version of the courses must be the same as the course start date and course end date of the courses that were part of the merge.
- Enter the new enrollment number of the merged version of the course. NOTE: The enrollment number is the sum of the enrollments in the courses or sections that were part of the merge.
- When merging cross listed courses between different departments and/or faculties, select the academic unit (faculty and/or department) that owns the merged cross listed course.
- Click the Save button.