Residence Fees & Meal Plans
The fees below are for the 2018-19 academic year:
- Residence for a Double Term Agreement (Fall & Winter) (PDF)
- Residence for a Single Term Agreement (Fall) (PDF)
- Residence for a Single Term Agreement (Winter) (PDF)
- Suite-Style Residence (for upper-year and mature students (PDF)
- Apartment-Style Residence (for families and mature students)
- Residence Damage
- Refund Policy
Residence Application Fee
The deadline for submitting your $500 residence application fee to Financial Services is May 15th for new students and April 15th for returning students. We do not assign rooms without having received your residence application fee. The sooner we receive your fee, the better your chances of getting a room in the residence of your choice. Generally, we assign first-year students double rooms. It's all part of the experience!
The residence application fee is part of the overall residence fees for the contract period and is not refundable for any reason, regardless of when you cancel.
Meal Plans for Residence Students
You can choose from the following meal plans:
- Unlimited Dining with $100 in dining cash
- 200 Meals per Term with $300 dining cash
- 155 Meals per Term with $575 dining cash
More information about the meal plans can be found on the Sodexo website.
Our meal plans include:
- All-you-care-to-eat meals in our dining halls (fill your tray as many times as you need to!).
- Infinite Dining: Go to meal hall as many times as you want during the day (this is true, but students with 200 meal per term are limited to accessing the meal hall that many times per term)
- Dining cash that you can use at any campus food outlet (no HST!) or dining hall.
- 5 guest passes per year. (The meal comes off your allotment.)
- Thanksgiving and March Break dining but not between terms or in the summer. You can buy specific plans for those times. Please contact email@example.com.
- A boxed meal if you’re going to miss a meal due to a university commitment. You need to send in a Boxed Lunch Request Form 24 hours in advance.
- A “sick tray”. If you’re ill your friend can bring your meal to your residence.
Your UCard serves as your meal card. An attendant will swipe your card each time you have a meal at a dining hall or a retail outlet. If you lose your card, a new card can be purchased at the UCard Office in the Student Union Building. In addition to dining cash included with your meal plan, UCard Cash can be used at any dining location on-campus, as well as many other campus services.
Dining halls & services
Our two largest dining halls offer Infinite Dining with multiple food stations and freshly prepared foods: McConnell Hall is a more open space while DKT (Dunn-Kidd-Tibbits complex) offers a more intimate bistro approach. Staff, non-residence students and guests can dine at any Residence Dining Hall by paying cash at the door. McConnell Hall also offers the convenience of Debit, Visa and MasterCard.
Sodexo provides our dining services. Our dining rooms offer a daily selection of nutritious options featuring hot entreés, deli, grill, international and pizza as well as soups, salads, fruit and desserts. Visit Sodexo for information on dining hall hours and locations, and retail outlets.
Menus for all dining rooms are posted online. Healthy options are clearly marked both online and at each station.
- Gluten-free dining: Sodexo provides a dedicated Gluten Free dining program within each dining hall.
- Vegetarian and vegan dining: These options are available at all meals and Halal foods are provided on request.
- Special needs: If you have specific dietary requirements, visit the professional Dietitian at UNB Student Health. The dietician can recommend to Sodexo special foods or menus for you.
The UNB Dining Service program is designed to accommodate students who have food allergies. If you require special dietary accommodation, please let us know.