Paper and Abstract Submission
MEC17 is no longer accepting paper submissions.
Please note the following:
All papers will be peer-reviewed. Corresponding authors must be willing to review at least two other papers (or designate another in their place).
- We are using an online submission system, which will aid us in organizing, reviewing, and publishing accepted manuscripts.
- Authors have the choice to submit either an abstract-only or a full-length manuscript. Both types of submissions have the same deadline: March 1, 2017. Accepted full-length manuscripts will be given longer presentation slots (e.g., 12 minutes vs. 8 minutes). Author preference will be considered when determining podium and poster slots, although final decisions are subject to availability.
- All submissions are due March 1, 2017. Because we are using a peer-review process, we do not anticipate extending the deadline.
- MEC17 will again be held at the Fredericton Delta hotel, in order to accommodate the size of our group.
Please follow the link below to create an account for the online submission system and to submit your paper:
Manuscripts and abstracts are being solicited for the symposium on the following topics:
- CLINICAL PROSTHETICS (E.G., CASE STUDIES, SOCKET DESIGN)
- This track covers all aspects of prosthetics from the perspective of a prosthetist, except for outcome measures, which has its own track.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY & OUTCOME MEASURES (E.G., CASE STUDIES, INTERVENTIONS, TRAINING)
- This track covers all aspects of occupational therapy and outcome measures and studies focused on end-user surveys.
- UPPER/LOWER LIMB MYOELECTRIC CONTROL
- This track covers all aspects of myoelectric control in both upper and lower limb control systems and signal processing.
- UPPER LIMB PROSTHESIS DEVICE DESIGN
- This track covers topics that focus on a new upper limb device design. These devices may be mechanical, electrical, or harnessing related.
- SENSORY FEEDBACK
- This track covers topics focusing on sensory feedback systems.
- This track covers topics focusing on psychosocial adaptation and/or pain.
- This track covers topics not covered by other categories.
If you are interested in presenting your work at MEC17 please submit either a 400-word abstract or a full length (2-4 pages) paper by March 1, 2017. Presentations should appeal to a broad audience of clinicians and researchers.
If you have a suggestion for a longer presentation or workshop that you would like to present as a pre-conference workshop, please send an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.