Faculty: Faculty of Arts
Degree(s): Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education
Campus: Saint John
UNB’s Concurrent Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (BA/BEd) program is for people who love to learn and facilitate learning. And it’s for people who want to learn from the best.
The BA/BEd at UNB Saint John attracts students who want to accomplish two goals: receive the training and skills required to become an elementary school teacher (Kindergarten to grade 5) and acquire a Bachelor of Arts (BA), all at the same time.
Why take the BA/BEd program at UNB?
The BA/BEd program will qualify you for a certificate Level 5 teaching license in New Brunswick, which is recognized by other Canadian provinces and most U.S. states. In addition, our small class sizes mean greater interaction and collaboration between you, your instructors, and your colleagues.
- Thirty hours of service at a school in the community
- Two one-week observations in a classroom setting (in Years 1 and 2)
- A full-time 15-week practicum (internship) at a public school or at a Canadian-Chinese school in China (in final year of study)
- Tutoring opportunities at local schools
Skills you will acquire:
- Written and oral communication
- Teaching and leadership
- Organization and lesson planning
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Mentorship and guidance
For more information, visit the Faculty of Arts website.
For admission requirements, select "Education" in our admission requirements tool.
ED 3031: Exceptional Learners
ED 5032: Inclusion from Early Years
ED 4354: Literacy Learning in Early Years
ED 3561: Introduction to Second Language Education
- Certified teacher in local and international schools
- Employee trainer, facilitator, or team leader in business and industry settings
- Mentor, teacher, or director in child care facilities