Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)
The Strategic Plan Priorities of PET
To provide an exceptional and transformative student experience we will focus on:
- supporting and recognizing excellence in teaching and learning;
- supporting and recognizing those academic programs that are engaging, challenging, and relevant;
- increasing student financial assistance; and
- improving our recruitment and retention of exceptional students.
To demonstrate leadership in discovery, innovation and entrepreneurship we focus on:
- building stronger partnerships across all sectors;
- supporting our community in developing more high quality research as appropriate to their disciplines and roles;
- help make New Brunswick a destination of choice for advanced studies;
- continue to increase external research revenues; and
- creating a "one stop shop" to facilitate access to faculty, staff and student expertise for existing and potential external partners.
To provide financial resilience and responsibility we will focus on:
- securing additional funding;
- generating additional resources;
- eliminating our structural deficit; and
- increasing our endowment fund.
To build a better university we will focus on:
- providing faculty and staff with an intensely satisfying and fulfilling work experience;
- ensuring a positive learning and working environment, where all members of our community are respectful and respected as individuals;
- becoming a leader in employee satisfaction within the university sector;
- ensuring that our donors have a lasting connection with our university and are well informed of the impact their support has on our community; and
- developing tools and metrics to better measure the engagement of our community.
To build a better province we will focus on:
- becoming leaders in community engagement;
- increasing and improving our collaborations with many partners to advance the social, economic and cultural progress of our province; and
- increasing opportunities for the citizens of New Brunswick to participate in continuing education including online and distance teaching and learning.