Current areas of research:
- Impact cratering on Earth
- Fragmentation and brecciation processes in planetary materials
- Frictional melting processes (including earthquake mechanics)
- Shock metamorphism and shock melting processes
- Martian and lunar geology, exploration and associated technology development
- Research and development in subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic impact damage and mitigation technologies
Students seeking MSc (2 year duration) and PhD (4 year duration) projects with PASSC, or PDFs seeking potential term positions (normally 2 years duration), should Contact John Spray, the director of PASSC. Click here for Graduate Opportunities. Click here for Undergraduate Opportunities.