Professor of Public Policy
Office Phone: (506) 458-7019
• Ethics and public policy (citizenship; multiculturalism; ethics of migration; gender and public policy; territorial rights)
• Contemporary political theory (legitimacy; non-domination; personal autonomy; theories of justice; democratic theory)
• RCLP 1062 Citizenship and Community
• RCLP 2014 Public Policy Forum I
• RCLP 3015 Public Policy Forum II
Bachvarova, M. “Multicultural Accommodation and Non-domination” Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, Volume 17, Issue 6, 2014.
Bachvarova, M. and Moore, M. “Territorial Pluralism: A Conceptual and Normative Analysis” in Territorial Pluralism: Managing Difference in Multinational States, Karlo Basta, John McGarry, and Richard Simeon eds., UBC Press, 2014.
Bachvarova, M. “Non-domination’s Role in the Theorizing of Global Justice” Journal of Global Ethics, Volume 9, Issue No.2, 2013.