After you are accepted to the program, you must participate in the scheduled pre-departure sessions ond complete the online student abroad course. The sessions and online course help you plan for the time abroad and will help keep track of what to do before you leave.
Important tasks include:
- Applying to the host institution
- Applying for a study permit/visa
- Applying for accommodation abroad
- Researching courses abroad and meet with academic advisor for credit transfer assessment
- Researching and purchase international health insurance
- Obtaining necessary vaccinations
- Notifying Medicare that you will be studying overseas
- Arranging accommodations abroad
- Arranging bank access and budgeting abroad
You will also learn about staying safe and healthy abroad, what to do if you need emergency assistance and how to book your plane ticket.