Scholarships for continuing students
Apply by Apr. 15*
If you're a continuing student at UNB (Canadian or international) and would like to be considered for scholarship support, you need to apply every year.
If you’re returning to study full-time in the upcoming year and have completed 24 credit hours at UNB in the past assessment year (May-April) or were enrolled in the co-op program, complete the scholarship application in your eServices (Academic tab). The application is open every year from Jan. 1 to Apr. 15 and covers the majority of UNB scholarships (500+) for both campuses. If you’ve been studying part-time and plan to attend full-time in the upcoming year, complete the application and email us stating your intentions.
Aside from the general scholarship application, you can apply for the scholarships listed below either through your eServices or by emailing the appropriate department/faculty. These applications ask for additional information about you which directly affects the awarding decision.
- Leslie E. Bruce Environmental Scholarship (Mar. 1)
- Sir Howard Douglas Award - (Oct. 30)
- Sir James Downey Award - Student Affairs and Services, UNB Fredericton (winter term).
- Sandra Irving Scholarship - Dept. of History & Politics, UNB Saint John (Mar.)
- M. Patrick Gillin Award in Engineering - Faculty of Engineering, UNB Fredericton (Mar. 31)
- UNBSJ - Dalhousie Medical Scholarships (Jun. 30)
How recipients are chosen
Scholarships are awarded primarily on your grades (scholarship GPA) however some may have other conditions, like financial need, extracurricular activities, the high school you attended, etc. Scholarships usually reflect the goals and values of the donor.
Successful applicants will be notified by email in early August.
*Did you miss the Apr. 15 deadline and want to apply? Please let us know, but keep in mind that scholarship opportunities will be limited.