Preparing students for MBA success
The University of New Brunswick Saint John offers two programs to prepare students for MBA success - the Pre-MBA Program for students who need to improve their English and the MBA Qualifying Year for students who need to improve their grades.
The Pre-MBA program is a full-time, non-credit, comprehensive preparatory program designed by the UNB’s Management Development and Information Centre and Saint John College, the University's academic preparatory college. It provides instruction that will improve your English while allowing you to gain the necessary skills and knowledge required for a successful transition to the MBA program.
UNB Saint John’s Pre-MBA offers:
- more than just traditional classroom learning – students participate in numerous business-oriented activities, networking opportunities and lectures with business professionals and guest speakers from the business community
- a preparation course for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) required to meet Canadian MBA program entry requirements
- an opportunity to develop English proficiency and to build English business vocabulary
- additional academic support; for example, language lab tutorials; Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) and GMAT preparation courses airport pick-up service
- full access to all UNB campus facilities.
Once you have completed the Pre-MBA Program, you may apply for admission into the UNB Saint John MBA Program, provided you meet the following criteria:
- successful completion of the Pre-MBA Program;
- minimum GMAT score of 550, if required;
- a grade of 60 on the CAEL.
UNB Saint John is currently accepting applications for the next Pre-MBA Session. The deadline for the September 2016 program is May 15, 2016.
MBA Qualifying Year
During the MBA Qualifying Year you will:
- Take a full- time program of upper level undergraduate business courses
- prepare for and write the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) if required
- write the TOEFL, if required
Upon completion of the qualifying year, you have the opportunity to prepare and submit your application for admission to the MBA program.
Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- a minimum score of at least 550 on the GMAT, if required
- a CGPA of at least 3.0 or B between the MBA qualifying year and the final year of your undergraduate degree
- a minimum score of 580 on the TOEFL, or the equivalent, if required
- all other stated requirements for admission to the MBA Program
The MBA Qualifying Year application deadline for application to MBA is June 1.