Our History

1785 - Foundation of the University of New Brunswick Fredericton, the first university in Canada.

1958 - Establishment of the School of Nursing

1959 - First class of 14 students

1969 - School of Nursing became the Faculty of Nursing

1982 -  Ratified by the membership at the Canadian Nurses' Association (CNA) that the baccalaureate degree be the desired entry requirement to the practice of professional nursing

1995 - Government of New Brunswick determined that all registered nurse (RN) education in the province would occur at the baccalaureate level

1995 - UNB Saint John offered the Bachelor of Nursing (BN) program on their campus

1995 - BN program started at small sites in Moncton and Bathurst administered from Fredericton

1999 - UNB Moncton graduated its first class of 29 BN students

2000 - BN program expanded to enroll students at Humber College in Toronto, known as the UNB-Humber Collaborative BN Program

2007 - UNB Moncton expanded its original site, doubling the size of the library, the student lounge, the computer lab, and videoconference classroom to accommodate the growing number of students

2013 - UNB Moncton moves to its own building at 55 Lutz Street