2018 Winter Sitting of the Math Placement Test
The Math Placement Test will be held on January 3rd, 2018 for students who are registered to take MATH 1003 for the first time. If you have already taken MATH 1003, you do not have to take the test. Also, if you have passed MATH 0863, you do not have to take the placement test. If you are unsure about your status, please read the frequently asked questions.
All students are allowed two attempts to pass the test.
You must have a valid UNB student ID number to write the test.
Wednesday, January 3rd , 2018 (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Location: Tilley Hall, Room 102 (location 67 on this campus map)
- the test is 60 minutes long and has 30 multiple choice questions similar to these sample problems
- please arrive at least 10 minutes early
- answers are recorded on a machine-readable optical scan sheet (a "scantron" or "bubble" sheet)
- we will provide you with a pencil (to be returned at the end of the test) and paper for rough calculations
- bring your UNB student number (which can be found on on any letter from UNB or on your student ID card)
- calculators are not permitted
- if you are not sure you need to write the test, write the test (exemptions will be honoured)
- all students are permitted two attempts to obtain a passing grade on the test
Test results will be sent to your official "unb.ca" email address within seven days. It is your responsibility to ensure that you know how to access your UNB email and that your account is working correctly. Ideally, you should do this before writing the test. If you have not received an email from us within seven days, please contact the math office.