Painting & Sign Services
The Paint Shop is responsible to oversee all maintenance painting requirements for the University. The type of paint and the colors are chosen according to University standards in order to make maintenance as efficient as possible. In some cases, special colors may be requested at an additional cost to the requesting department although the colors still must be compatible with the standard colors used throughout the building.
Unless the requested work is part of the normal building decorating cycle or is necessary due to normal wear and tear, the department will be charged for requested painting services.
The Paint Shop also provides signage used throughout the University. Among others, this includes office signs, such as engraved door and desk nameplates or room numbers and interior and exterior building identification signs. A variety of engraved or decal types are available and most existing styles can be matched. Office signs are charged to the requesting department.
- General patching and painting campus wide
- General wall finishing and painting on in-house projects
- Finishing and refinishing of new and old furniture and cabinetry upon request and at the expense of the requesting department
- Renovations, maintenance and repairs as a team member with all other Facilities Management shops
- Renovations, maintenance and repairs to the University Residences when requested and authorized by Residential Life, Campus & Conference Services.
- Sign making and installation
- Painting of pavement markings on roads and parking lots
Should you require painting services please contact our Work Control Centre.