UNB Saint John Student Services
Fall 2020 update
Even though it’s not quite business as usual these days, your Student Services team is here to help you by offering our services remotely.
The wellness coordinator is the first point of contact for Student Services and will be on campus Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in Oland Hall G11.
Student Health Centre
The Student Health Centre is here for all your health care needs. We are operating by appointment only for virtual, telephone, and in-person visits with our nurse practitioner.
Counselling Services will have counsellors working full-time, both remotely and on campus. A counsellor will be on campus Monday – Thursday, and available remotely on Fridays.
Real Campus gives UNBSJ students access to 24/7 support and professional care, including mental health counselling, crisis counselling, career and life coaching, legal consultation and nutrition consultation.
Campus Sexual Assault Support Advocate
Our Campus Sexual Assault Support Advocate (CSASA), Trish Pendleton, will be working both remotely and on campus. For any students who have experienced sexual violence, the CSASA is available for confidential consultation, counselling, and advocacy.
Email Trish directly: email@example.com.
Service is trauma-informed, and you choose the support you would like to receive. All video sessions will use Microsoft Teams. Services include:
- Video or telephone counselling
- Video or telephone consultation for medical options and/or reporting processes
- Video, telephone or email support with academic accommodations and on- and off-campus referrals and resources
- In-person appointments are available if essential
Learn more about UNB's sexual assault support and resources.
You can also call Sexual Violence New Brunswick's free, 24/7 help line at 506-454-0437.
Student Accessibility Centre
The Student Accessibility Centre provides support to students with documented disabilities. Students with documented visible, invisible, and temporary disabilities may register with us. We are a service for students who require academic accommodations in their courses.
This fall, the SAC will be meeting with students by appointment only (no drop-ins). Meetings can take place via phone, Microsoft Teams or in person.
Student academic appeals
Students may appeal an academic decision based on extenuating circumstances or events that are beyond the control of the student. Learn about the student appeal process.
International Student Services
The international student advisor provides immigration services to new and current international students at UNB Saint John, as well as pre-arrival support and orientation services.
To learn about how COVID-19 immigration changes affect you, you’re invited to reach out to schedule a meeting: schedule a virtual meeting.
Financial aid and academic coaching
The Financial Aid and Academic Coaching Office is pleased to offer virtual services and support this fall.
We can help with financial aid and emergency bursaries, study habits or time management, and more. Make an appointment to meet with us, as drop-in sessions are not being offered at this time
Student employment services
Student Employment Services can assist you in job search strategies and connect you with resources such as the Writing Centre to help you write a résumé and cover letter. Contact our employment advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Writing Centre is available to help with your writing, just from a distance. We help students with academic writing, cover letters, and résumés, as well as scholarship and graduate school applications.
Make an appointment through our online booking system.
Online student resource directory
The UNBSJ SRC has created an online resource navigator to help students easily connect with services on campus, in the community, and online.
Residence & Conference Services
Our Residence & Conference Services team is available to help you.
Email email@example.com or reach out directly to one of our team members.
Manager, Residence & Conference Services
Cory Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintenance of buildings and residence facilities
- General support for students living in residence
- Residence student conduct appeals
- Meets with in-person conference customers during pandemic
- Oversees food service provider and all aspects of residence life and residence conduct
Cassidy Collins: 506-648-5538 or email@example.com
• Responsible for overall student experience of residents
• Main point of contact for residence students
• Addresses mental health concerns
• Provides support following sexual assaults
• Helps students deal with homesickness
• Provides guidance
• Refers students to other student services as needed
• Manages student conduct
Residence admissions coordinator
Jamie Younker: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Processes residence applications
• Manages student meal plans
• Provides general support for students living in residence
Conference services xoordinator
Danielle Fairweather: email@example.com
• Manages key card system in residence
• Manages all room/space bookings on campus