From Radio to Smartphone: Warfare in the Information Age, 1918-2018The 2018 Annual Conference of the Gregg Centre for the Study of War and Society and the Canadian Army Combat Training Centre, in partnership with UNB’s Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity.
Jan. 31- Feb. 1, 2018
Wu Conference Centre
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Our 2018 conference focuses on military operations in the age of modern electronic communications and information processors. Our program this year includes, policy makers, military and civilian practitioners, and scholars in the field. Conference panels and presenters will cover topics ranging from the emergence of modern military electronic communications and intelligence gathering through to today’s world of mobile phones, cyber-operations, satellites, and the web-based information battlefield.
- Rear Admiral Darren Hawco, the Chief of Force Development.
- Colonel David Yarker, Director Cyber Forces Development
- Brigadier-General Theriault, Public Affairs Branch
- Dr. Ali Ghorbani, UNB’s Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity.
- Mr. Andrew Scheidl, The National Research Council
- Dr. John Ferris, University of Calgary.