UNB values the diversity of its students and strives to create an atmosphere which is conducive to the development of the whole student. In order to meet the diverse spiritual needs of its students, UNB has created a Multi-faith Room.
The Multi-Faith Room, located at the back of the Lady Beaverbrook Residence, is available to members of the University Community of all faiths as a place for meditation, reflection and prayer.
The room is used for Muslim prayers five times daily. You can view the congregational prayer schedule online.
The following guidelines were developed by a representative group of students in conjunction with Student Services.
- Food is permitted in the Multi-faith Room.
- No shoes are to be worn in the Multi-faith Room. Shoes are to be removed upon entering the room.
- Alcohol is permitted in the room only for use in religious celebrations and ceremonies. It must be removed from the Multi-faith Room immediately after use.
- Please keep your sacred items in the locked area provided, or take these with you when you leave.
- The bulletin board is the only item to be placed on the walls of the Multi-faith Room. No religious symbols or images are to be displayed.
- Members of the University Community are welcome to come into the Multi-Faith room to mediate, reflect or pray at any time that the Room is open, even while others are present.
For more information; please contact Sherrie Lynch, Administrative Assistant at the Office of Student Services at (506) 447-3126.