As part of the holistic care offered by UNB Student Affairs and Services, Campus Ministry is here to provide for your spiritual needs.
An Anglican Priest and Protestant Lay Chaplain are a part of the team. We can also connect you with people from various other faith traditions represented at UNB and in the city.
UNB Campus Ministry offers a listening, caring, non-judgmental ear when you need someone to talk to.
The UNB Campus Ministry office is located in the C.C. Jones Student Services Centre, room 015. Click here to find us on the campus map.
For more details, please call (506) 453-5089.
What We Do
Campus Ministry can help if you:
- are looking for a community or place where you can be yourself and be accepted
- want some spiritual support and guidance
- want to locate where your own faith community meets
- are experiencing difficulties with studies, relationships, or work
- are finding that your studies are raising important questions for your faith
- are struggling with your sense of meaning, purpose, or direction in life
- are concerned about social justice issues and the relation between faith and action
- are depressed or feel like giving up
- are questioning some of your values or those of your family or church
- are worried about your use of alcohol or drugs
- would like information about volunteer opportunities near or far
- want to explore a vocation or calling in ministry
- need a sounding board to explore your thoughts and ideas about the questions and conundrums that life presents us with
The Chaplains also:
- are involved in leading groups in discussion and prayer
- facilitate interfaith and ecumenical dialogue on the campus
- conduct memorial services
- offer the prayers at convocations and other special events
- participate in orientation and other events at the university
Who We Are
- Part-Time Anglican Chaplain since 2003
- Youth Action Director of the Anglican Diocese of Fredericton since 2003
- Anglican Priest since his ordination in 1988
- Masters of Divinity graduate – Providence Theological Seminary – 2006
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) graduate – University of Winnipeg - 2007
- Coordinator of Spiritual and Religious Care - Niagara Falls General Hospital – 2007
- Coordinator of Spiritual and Religious Care - Cornwall Community Hospital – 2008
New UNB Blog - Chaplain's Corner!
UNB Campus Ministry has launched a blog! Come and blog with us! This website/blog is a space where students, staff, and faculty can ask questions and create discussions about topics that range from life, death, spirituality, prayer, religion, and anything else we wish to talk about.
The blog for the Chaplain's Corner can be found here. We hope to see you there!
As always, if you have any questions about this blog or campus ministry, you can reach me, Chaplain Kevin Bourque, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), in person (the basement level of the Student Services building – Room 015), or by phone (453-5089).