Student Health Centre - Fredericton
Upcoming Summer Hours
The Student Health Centre will be open as follows through summer 2013:
Monday, May 21st through Tuesday, September 3rd
Open from 8:15 to 12 noon and then from 1:00 to 3:30 pm
Phone lines will have a 15 minute delay in opening.
Click on "What to do in an Emergency" above to find options for medical treatment outside of clinic hours.
Who can access?
- If you were a full time student during winter 2013 term
- If you will be a full time student during fall 2013 term
- If you graduated spring 2013, you can still access through the summer, but make sure you get your name on a list for a community doctor as your access will end Aug 30th, 2013
- ELP and Shad Valley participants have access for a one-time fee of $10 for the term
The UNB Student Health Centre is committed to providing quality primary health care. Open year round to full-time UNB and STU students. We assess and manage a wide variety of medical problems that present as a sudden onset of an illness or injury, as well as chronic conditions. The Student Health Centre has developed specialized expertise in dealing with young adults within a university context. We know the importance of wellness to a student's academic success and our goal is to help you keep interruptions to your studies to a minimum.
Our services are CONFIDENTIAL.
Bring to EVERY appointment:
- a valid Student ID card
- a valid Provincial Health Card or alternate health care coverage information
- International students must complete a health insurance claim form for every visit
Have the FLU, a COLD, or maybe a STOMACH VIRUS?
Did you know some viruses can live on surfaces anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days!
Here are a few tips to help prevent catching or spreading a cold, the flu, pertussis or a stomach virus:
- WASH your hands with WARM & SOAPY water frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer (60 to 90% alcohol based) when you do not have access to wash your hands.
- If you are sick try to isolate yourself from others when possible to avoid spreading germs.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve to prevent spreading germs to others.
- Discard tissues into a waste basket.
- Clean regularly using household cleaners, areas that are touched frequently such as keyboards, doorknobs, sink water tap handles, phones, desktop surfaces, etc.
- Get your flu shot, still available at the Student Health Centre.
Read more on flu prevention, written by Stacey Taylor, NP
For more information go to: FightFlu.ca
Information on Norovirus (stomach flu)