Click on "What to do in an Emergency" above to find options for medical treatment outside of clinic hours.
Dog Room - come meet a Therapy Dog
Thursday March 19th and 26th
6:30 to 8:30 pm each evening in the SUB Ballroom
Flu Shots Available -
The Student Health Centre is able to give flu shots during business hours. $15 per student and $25 for all others. You will need to wait 15 minutes following your immunization.
Who can access Student Health?
- If you were full time last year and graduate in the fall 2014, you can still access through the fall/winter, but make sure you get your name on a list for a community doctor
- If you have been accepted to UNB and enrolled in full time fall 2014 classes
- ELP and Shad Valley participants have access for a one-time fee of $10 for the term
- Full time students who opt out of the UNB Student Health Insurance Plan can still use the Student Health Centre.
The UNB Student Health Centre is committed to providing quality primary health care. Open year round to full-time UNB and STU students. We assess and manage a wide variety of medical problems. We know the importance of wellness to a student's academic success and our goal is to help you keep interruptions to your studies to a minimum.
Our services are CONFIDENTIAL.
Bring to EVERY appointment:
- a valid Student ID card
- a valid Provincial Health Card or alternate health care coverage information
- International students must complete a health insurance claim form for every visit
NEW..... The Student Health Centre implemented Electronic Medical Records this fall in partnership with Velante, the NB Medical Society and the NB Government. For a transition period we will run with existing paper charts complimenting the new system. If it is your first visit to the clinic you will be entered directly into the new system. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we populate the system this fall.
This is a provincially managed, bilingual patient registry for New Brunswickers without a family doctor. call Tele-Care at 811 to register OR online at gnb.ca/PatientConnectNB
If you are already on a no-physician list you do not need to re-register. You have already been added to the new patient registry and have maintained your priority.
Have the FLU, a COLD, or maybe a STOMACH VIRUS?
Did you know some viruses can live on surfaces anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days!
Here are a few tips to help prevent catching or spreading a cold, the flu, pertussis or a stomach virus:
- WASH your hands with WARM & SOAPY water thoroughly and frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer (60 to 90% alcohol based) when you do not have access to wash your hands.
- If you are sick try to isolate yourself from others when possible to avoid spreading germs.
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm, not your hand, to prevent spreading germs to others.
- Discard tissues into a waste basket.
- Clean and disinfect regularly using household cleaners, areas that are touched frequently such as keyboards, doorknobs, sink water tap handles, phones, desktop surfaces, etc.
- Get your flu shot, still available at the Student Health Centre.
- Keep your system strong: eat healthy foods, be physically active, get enough sleep, practice stress management techniques and refrain from smoking.
Read more on flu prevention, written by Stacey Taylor, NP
For more information go to: FightFlu.ca
Information on Norovirus (stomach flu)