What happens on your graduation day?
On graduation day, graduating students will:
- Pick up hood, gown and parade card on the 1st floor of the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER (Gown and hood rental information)
- Attend Encaenia Orientation in the SUB Ballroom
- Attend Encaenia Tea in the SUB Atrium
- Return hood and gown on the 1st floor of the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER
Visit the events page for specific ceremony schedules.
Notes for all graduates
Application to Graduate - The deadline for applying to graduate is March 1, 2018. If you have any questions regarding the application to graduate, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate queries) or GRADSCHL@unb.ca (graduate queries).
Tickets - Your guests must present tickets for admission to the ceremony. The ticketing site will open on March 12, 2018, and remain open until May 11, 2018.
All extra tickets will be available starting May 14, 2018. (For more information on tickets visit frequently asked questions.)
Orientation - It is very important that graduates attend the orientation session which precedes their ceremony. Led by the University Marshal, the session provides grads with information ranging from the proper way to wear the academic hood to the degree-granting procedure.
The Procession Card - This is the card from which your name will be read out as you cross the stage to graduate. In addition to your name, it will contain a number to ensure that you are lined up and seated in the correct order.
*Rain Plan - In the event of inclement weather:
- Orientation for graduates will take place on the 1st floor of the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER.
- Graduates will also line-up for the Academic Procession on the 1st floor of the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER and proceed to the Long Hall of the Richard J. CURRIE CENTER.