Post-Graduation Work Permit

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows international students to work in Canada for up to three years after they graduate. To be eligible you must have:

  • A valid passport
  • A valid study permit
  • Documentation showing that you have completed your degree program.  A copy of your degree of a letter from UNB. Graduate students contact the School of Graduate Studies for a letter confirming the completion of your degree program.  Undergraduate students contact the Office of the Registrar.
  • You do NOT need a job offer

How to apply

Login to your MyCIC account to complete your application.


  • Representative: Answer NO to this question
  • Do you wish to grant authorization to CIC to release your application information to another person?  Answer NO to this question


  • What is the name of the educational institution (school) where you are currently studying in Canada?   University of New Brunswick – Fredericton Campus
  • How much money will you have to support yourself …?  No set amount required  Provide details about the source of your money… Explain funding received from parents, savings scholarships, etc.


  • Date citizenship obtained: date of birth (usually)


  • Do you qualify for fee exemption? Answer NO to this question


  • Scanned documents (passport) must be in PDF, TIFF, JPG or DOC file format. Scan all pages of your passport into one file. The maximum file size is 2MB.
  • If using prepaid bank form (IMM 5401) scan both sides of the completed payment receipt


  • Sign application: Simply type your name exactly as you typed it on the application under Personal Information.


  • Applications for the Post-Graduation Work Permit must be made within 90 days of the completion of your degree program. 
  • Your study permit must continue to be valid while you submit your application for the Post-Graduation Work Permit.
  • Make sure that your passport is valid for at least three years. 
  • If you have already had a Post Graduation Work Permit you are NOT eligible for another one.
  • If you have questions, or change your address, before you receive your Work Permit, call: 1-888-242-2100 When you hear the recordings select the following options to speak to an agent: 1 1 1 0