The Financial Aid Office provides emergency funding to students who encounter an unforeseen circumstance. Our aim is to help students during a time of need. Students who are looking for funding are required to use all offered financial aid resources before making their request. The funding is not a substitute for student loans and bursaries.
If you are experiencing unexpected financial difficulty, contact email@example.com to discuss options available to you.
COVID-19 student support
For information on COVID-19 related support offered to students, see unb.ca/coronavirus.
Emergency bursaries are available for students to provide short-term assistance to those experiencing financial hardship. It is crucial to highlight that bursaries are not meant to serve students on an ongoing basis, but instead as an emergency one-time solution.
These funds are not intended to be used for tuition and fees, routine expenses, or as a consistent supplement to a student's education funding sources. Consideration will also be had to whether the student has applied for and received an emergency bursary in the past.
Students whose tuition fees are in arrears should contact the Office of the Registrar for information on payment plans.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time or part-time student.
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency or unplanned event.
- All other resources including student financial aid must have been considered.
- Applicants must apply and meet with a Financial Aid Officer.
- Complete the General Bursary Application
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your application. All appointments are by telephone or Teams video conferencing.
- The Financial Aid Office will assess your application and determine the appropriate funding amount.
- You will be contacted by email regarding the decision.
Grocery store gift cards
The UNB Students Representative Council provides support to students in need with grocery store gift cards. This service is designed to assist with food and health accessibility for students who are in need. A limited number of grocery store gift cards are available. Contact email@example.com for more information.