Continuing students

Please see Overview for a quick summary of the components of the programme.  In particular, the School of Graduate Studies requires that you submit a progress report at least once per year. However, the Saint John Biology GAU regulations require that you meet with your committee at least twice annually. At the conclusion of each meeting, the committee should complete a progress form. This form must be signed and returned to the Biology GAU secretary, Kim Banks (Ganong Hall 229).

Training, certifications and diplomas

It is the student's responsibility to acquire any certifications required to conduct their research. The student should discuss these with her/his supervisor as soon as possible after their official start date. The courses for these certifications are periodically offered at UNB.

Possible certifications include SCUBA, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Radiation Safety Seminars, and Animal Care courses such as The Experimental Fish (offered by UPEI).

The Teaching and Learning Centre offers a Diploma in University Teaching. For more information, contact The Teaching and Learning Centre or Dr. Kate Frego.

Teaching assistants