A Conversation: The Future of Our UniversitiesOn Monday, Dec. 13, 2010, the 225th anniversary of the petition which led to the establishment of a Provincial Academy of Arts and Sciences — UNB's predecessor — more than 125 people braved a stormy night to participate in a conversation about the future of our universities. The conversation was held in UNB Saint John's Grand Hall as part of UNB's Petition Celebration.
Kathryn Hamer, former vice-president of UNB Saint John, moderated the conversation about the future of our universities, which featured:
- Alex Usher, president of Higher Education Strategy Associates and an internationally recognized expert in quality measurement in post-secondary education;
- H.E.A. (Eddy) Campbell, president and vice-chancellor of the University of New Brunswick;
- Robert Campbell, president vice-chancellor of Mount Allison University;
- Dennis Cochrane, then interim president and vice-chancellor of St. Thomas University; and
- Neil Boucher, vice-president academic at l'Université de Moncton.
Leaders of New Brunswick's four public universities responded to remarks on major trends affecting university education by Mr. Usher, and the audience joined the conversation with numerous questions. Watch the video.
This conversation was the second in the 2010-11 Changing New Brunswick series. This was the third conversation in the 2010-11 Changing New Brunswick series. Click through for information on the first, third and fourth conversations.