Closing Date: March 27, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Coordinate and support recruitment activities by engaging and securing student, academic, and stakeholder presenters, booking meetings and/or space, and supporting advertising via a range of online, social media, and print mediums.
- Manage and track student inquiries by generating a database of prospective graduate students.
- Work with the Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies, faculty, students, and stakeholders to highlight innovative and impactful academic, research, and clinical practice graduate program activities and successes via social, online and print media.
- Coordinate and support the admission process by assessing and summarizing all student admission requirement data.
- Support academic activities and progress by managing program-related inquiries from students, faculty, and stakeholders and addressing and/or redirecting email and other communications as appropriate.
- Working with various partners to coordinate internal scholarship assessment and distribute funds.
- Organizing and communicating details about activities associated with thesis/report processes, organizing and providing administrative support related to nurse practitioner program approval status.
- completing documentation for graduation and confirming graduation lists.
- Support the work of the nurse practitioner program clinical strategy team.
- Provide support to various committees by coordinating, booking, and attending meetings, maintaining databases, generating agendas, and recording meeting minutes.
- Support the research activity of the faculty by generating and maintaining a database of relevant regional and national competitions, tracking and generating reports related to faculty research activity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant to the Dean of Nursing.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 3 years of relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Well-developed time management and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Expertise with Microsoft 365 (e.g., Excel, Teams, Word, OneDrive, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint) is required.
- Knowledge of and experience in a university environment is an asset.
- Expertise with Colleague IU System is an asset.
- Expertise with CRM Recruit Systems is an asset.
- Expertise with Informer 5 System is an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION