Closing Date: March 27, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 1-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
$58,740.00 - $76,360.00 per annum
A Market Differential may apply.
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Plan and scope research projects.
- Advise and work on the scientific and research development of student and partner work.
- Supervise, influence, review, participate as co-author and provide guidance and input on a daily basis on student research projects.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, code, and direct research projects.
- Provide reports to the advisory board on the scientific activities of the centre and create technical workplans for projects.
- Create lessons, tutorials, exercises, and educational materials for clients to the centre.
- Stay current on technological developments and create artifacts that share this information with the SPECTRAL team.
- Examine research literature, patents, industry reports and other relevant information to understand the limitations of current technology and opportunities for future work.
- Assist in reporting to funding agencies, the university or other relevant organizations.
- Provide technical demonstrations and assist in client facing communications.
- Work the centre director and other SPECTRAL team members to develop a list of technological needs by working within the budget, create a plan for the procurement of requirements equipment.
- Communicate with vendors, ITS, and Faculty of Computer Science System Support Division staff to ensure that policies are being followed around the acquisition and use of SPECTRAL equipment.
- Ability to participate in relevant trade shows, meetings and relevant academic meetings to provide demonstrations, reports, or other services that benefit the clients and partners of the centre.
- Create documents and use tools to manage and track the location and use of SPECTRAL equipment.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in technical development positions in an information technology and/or R&D environment.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in academic projects that lead to publication would be considered an asset.
- Experience in game development engines, mixed reality, Unity/Unreal Engine, 3D graphics, OpenGL experience, and experience with computer vision would be considered an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION