Closing Date: March 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
$61,567.00 - $80,038.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Lead, mentor, train, coach and develop a team of professional writers to deliver content required for SCM projects.
- Develop story ideas and provides superior writing to strategically support institutional goals.
- Copyedit, proofread and fact-check content produced by SCM and stakeholders.
- Manage the content calendar and internal newsletters to strategically publish content.
- Responsible for team scheduling, work assignments, review and approvals based on SCM priorities.
- Support the Director of Communications with additional deliverables as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education focusing on communications, journalism, public relations, or a combination of post-secondary and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on content production.
- Experience leading and coaching writers.
- Superior writing, editing and copy-editing skills.
- Keen attention to detail and knowledge of CP style.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION