Closing Date: March 22, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$42,447.00 - $53,067.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Respond to general inquiries in person, by phone, and email. Provide information or re-direct to relevant staff members/offices as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the University Secretary and other team members; schedule meetings, circulate notices, maintain records system, arrange travel, complete financial and other forms, process mail, maintain and order supplies. Ensure urgent or time-sensitive matters are dealt with expediently.
- Act as first point of contact for the Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC).
- Conduct preliminary evaluations of student complaints, draft correspondence, provide advice to the Chair of the SDC on routine questions, and coordinate with financial services on fines, if required.
- Ensure case files are transferred to the appropriate person and process decisions from SDC. Prepare and send notification documents to the respondent.
- Provide support to new and returning Board members. Set up within meeting system, assist Board members with university processes such as travel claims and respond to general questions about the functioning of Board Committees and the Board itself.
- Compile and distribute meeting materials; manage meetings/event logistics, book rooms, arrange food, ensure equipment and other technical requirements are met.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records.
- Produce the Board handbook and maintain Board and Secretariat Webpages.
- Other duties as assigned by the University Secretary.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary Diploma in Office Administration or related filed. A University degree is preferred.
- Five years' related experience in executive office environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of discretion, professionalism, and diplomacy in a friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the University community and adapt to constantly changing demands.
- Experience dealing with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Working knowledge of university policies, procedures and governing system would be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION