Closing Date: March 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Term Ending May 2024 (Leave Replacement) | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.90 - $24.73 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes work-from-home options.
- Collect Graduate School Fees. Advise students on fee assessments and minimum required payment, sign loan documents, answer queries, discuss health insurance needs for international students and dependants, ensure students fill out Direct Deposit information if on a Graduate Assistantship, and forward funding letters to People & Culture.
- Process authorization forms for Graduate Assistantship and scholarship payments. Set up deductions for fees owing, outstanding loans, and amounts owing on student receivables. Verify student is registered and all forms are filled out. ensure funding is approved.
- Ensure international students have paid sufficient differential fees. interact with the School of Graduate Studies on the accuracy of the foreign differential information.
- Maintain contact and interact with Graduate School and departmental Graduate Program Assistants on both campuses in resolving day-to-day issues pertaining to tuition/fee problems and answer queries on fee structure. Process requests from Graduate students for letters estimating fees to be sent to sponsors or to apply for study permits.
- Assist in the yearly preparation of Tuition and Education Credit Certifications (T2202A) for tax purposes. Provide current year re-prints of T4A forms when requested by graduate students.
- Respond to numerous inquiries from students, faculty, staff, sponsoring agencies, and other universities by telephone and at the Financial Services counter.
- Maintain files as required on graduate students, confirm upon degree completion that registration has been maintained and sufficient fees have been paid in accordance with policies.
- Liaise with both People & Culture and Payroll for discrepancies, deadlines, and other issues as they arise.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in recognized accounting program.
- 4 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in a high-volume academic environment with an emphasis on graduate students is considered a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products. Experience with Colleague software is also an asset.
- Sound knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
- Excellent communication, customer service skills, confidentiality and attention to detail are required.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION