Closing Date: March 14, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Term Ending April 30, 2024 | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$48,524.00 - $63,081.00 per annum
Subject to Budgetary Approval.
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Process and analyze satellite-based GNSS measurements of the CASSIOPE satellite and various other satellite missions. This includes developing computer code to collect, store, sort, and process GNSS data, writing novel algorithms to correct for GNSS measurement errors and biases and storing high-level processed data in a user-friendly format for ionospheric research and operations.
- Integrate high-level satellite-based GNSS data products into existing and future CHAIN modes to enhance the operational value and accuracy of these models. This includes developing methods to complement ionosphere measurements of CHAIN with satellite-based GNSS measurements in model applications, conducting CHAIN model validation using satellite-based GNSS data products and assimilating satellite-based GNSS data products into CHAIN models where appropriate.
- Disseminate results of satellite-based GNSS data processing and model enhancements and validations at National and International scientific conferences and as in peer-reviewed scientific journals. This includes travelling to and presenting results of work at National and International conferences and authoring/co-authoring scientific research papers based on the results of work.
- Co-supervise and train Graduate students and summer research students of the RSPL.
- Write and submit proposals to seek external funding for graduate students and research activity.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Masters of Science in Physics.
- 1-year experience in the collection and analysis of ionospheric GNSS data.
- 1-year experience in ionospheric model development.
- 1-year experience in the dissemination of scientific research results.
- Excellent working knowledge of ionospheric physics, including formation/loss mechanisms, electrodynamic behaviour, and plasma instabilities impacting the ionospheric structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION