Closing Date: March 31, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 2-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$58,740.00 - $76,360.00 per annum
A Market Differential may apply.
Subject to final budgetary approval.
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Research and develop software solutions for various OCRC projects related to BIM, VDC, augmented and mixed reality, as well as AI and ML projects.
- Make decisions about development, approaches, areas of focus, and technical solutions, for the team as a whole in addition to supporting partners.
- Manage and support the day-to-day activities of other research assistants and co-op students where appropriate, leading weekly meetings for specific projects.
- Work with stakeholders and staff to ensure that staff and students (including their own development time) are strategically deployed according to project needs and timelines, and staff strengths and interests.
- Provide input on program directions for the strategy for delivering the digital technology implementation research projects as well as ongoing OCRC projects.
- Support OCRC staff in organizing and delivering conferences, webinars, the new off-site construction certificate program, and the annual student design competition.
- Lead the development of project documentation, including design documents, research summaries, conference papers, and dissemination materials.
- Create sufficiently detailed documentation and digital technology implementation strategies to facilitate effective transitions between OCRC project personnel (e.g., students).
- Support the management and data related to the OCRC's IT infrastructure.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A University degree in Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the construction industry is considered a strong asset.
- A Graduate degree and/or Ph.D. in a related field is considered a strong asset.
- A background in Building Information Modelling, Virtual Design and Construction and/or programming is an asset.
- A background in research would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience with software development in the construction industry would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience collaborating with external stakeholders (e.g., industry partners, other institutions, research partners, etc.).
- Ability to use Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, or similar software.
- Experience using augmented and mixed reality technologies (e.g., HoloLens) would be considered an asset.
- Experience with data analytics, data visualization, and/or machine learning would be considered an asset.
- CanBIM professional certification would be considered an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION