Closing Date: March 8, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Part-Time | 9-Month Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 15 hours per week
$19.71 - $24.65 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Supervise student tutors and social media and promotions student assistant.
- Supervise, manage, and train French tutors hired from our student population and student who will be promoting events and activities for the center through social media.
- Plan and organize the activities of the center like organizing monthly writing workshops, a weekly conversational group, guest speakers and coordinate with the organizer of the French Club and French Film Club.
- Meet with the Director of the Centre every month and liaise with the Department of French to monitor the needs of students in terms of writing and other support they may require.
- Liaise with the Faculty of Arts Student Services Coordinator and the Student Engagement Officer to reach out to potential students and other interested parties.
- Work with local Francophones community to explore collaborations and partnerships with the Centre Communautaire Sainte-Anne and its members.
- Keep records of activities and track the effectiveness of the centre through annual reports which include financial and activity reports, as well as usage by students.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's Degree, College diploma or some post-secondary education is required; a combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Excellent skills in oral and written French.
- 1-3 years of experience in Student Resource-support; Literacy, second language acquisition or writing skills would be assets.
- Experience working with various constituent groups (students, teachers, etc.).
- Experience working in an academic setting is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment is crucial (as is the ability to work independently with little direction).
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION