Closing Date: March 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 6-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$41,093.00 - $51,365.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Coordinate the delivery of research projects including managing students and external staff to meet objectives.
- Assist in budget planning. Manage ongoing expenses process.
- Collaborate with the other research manager in Winnipeg.
- Plan weekly, monthly, and yearly meetings with the national group and provincial groups to move forward the project objectives.
- Implement and monitor exercise programs related to the project with community partners.
- Develop the evaluation frameworks, reports, and data collection tools (surveys, questionnaires) to be used in interactions with project components.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates resources to the activities.
- Ensure all project staffs and partners follow requirements, timelines, and financial obligations.
- Develop partnerships with communities and outside groups that will assist in enhancing programs.
- Compose and submit ethic applications and reports to funding agencies.
- Assist with the development and composition of scientific paper/grant submission.
- Prepare marketing materials to promote all projects, through various mediums.
- Manage the social media accounts and websites related to the project.
- Organize networking events with funding agencies.
- Assist with other ongoing research projects within the CELLAB as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- An undergraduate degree in Recreation, sport management or a combination of education and experience.
- 1 - 3 Years' experience in a similar setting.
- Relevant work experience in a research setting.
- Relevant work experience in managing budget and related expenses.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience with administrative data would be an asset.
- Analytical and critical thinking, and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to manage others effectively.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, strong communication and writing skills; French would be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION