Closing Date: March 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$45,524.00 - $63,081.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Collect, extract, transform, load and analyze data from databases and other sources.
- Provide information that contributes to operational data-driven decision making by producing and presenting easy-to-understand, audience appropriate reports.
- Plan, implement, and develop data input, reporting, queries, analysis screens, and tools that provide access to high quality data.
- Provide knowledgeable consultations by working with clients to understand the business's needs.
- Identify data issues, sources, and relationships and apply data standards.
- Validate client requirements and expectations against specific data needed to meet the operational requirements.
- Improve metadata and data element's quality. Plan and implement control activities to measure, assess, improve, and ensure data integrity.
- Support an evolving data warehouse infrastructure.
- Provide and seek ideas and take initiative to improve ITS services.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Information Management or Engineering.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in Data Analysis.
- Experience in extracting data from relational database systems such as MySQL and MS SQL.
- Experience in designing dimensional database structures.
- Experience with collection and analysis of complex data, both narrative and statistical.
- Familiar with data reporting software such as Power BI, Tableau, SSRS.
- Familiar with the use of statistical analysis software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION